Available hours starting February 14th include:
Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:00am – 9:00pm.
Wednesdays 2:00pm – 9:00pm.
Saturdays 3:00p, – 7:00pm
Sundays 11:00am – 3:30pm
Please be sure to cross reference your desired times with our availability calendar.
Regular Rehearsal Rates
$10/hour (off-peak) Monday-Friday before 6:00 pm*
$14/hour (peak) Weekdays (M-F) after 6:00 pm
$14/hour Saturdays and Sundays All Day
Rental payments are to be paid on the same day of rental or payments may also be made prior to the rental. Renters are expected to pay outstanding balances immediately or forfeit their rental privileges. Rental payments are non-refundable.
There is a strict 72-hour cancellation or change policy. Rentals canceled or changed less than 72 hours in advance will be charged.
New renters must make full payment in advance towards their first booking and a $20 yearly equipment fee (non-refundable) – by cash, check or credit card if paid in person, or by credit card if over the phone. Renters must renew their contract and equipment fee yearly. Upon their first visit to BAX (either to reserve or attend their first booking) new renters must sign a Rental Contract/Rules of the Space Agreement. Download a Space Rental Contract.
Rush Rehearsal Space
BAX offers $8/hr rush space to contracted renters in good financial standing. Rush space rates are available for any space booked less than 24 hours in advance.
Reduced Rate Rehearsal Packages
With a commitment of at least 20 hours/month for a minimum of 3 consecutive months, the rehearsal rate is reduced to $9/hour Monday-Friday before 6pm and anytime on the weekends; and $11/hour on weekdays (M-F) after 6pm.
Months committed to must be consecutive
First month’s rent due at time of signing rental contract; subsequent month’s rent due on the 1st of each month
Yearly equipment fee required
Intended for rehearsals only
Renters are entitled to priority booking before space is open to the general public (if applicable)
Option to renew the contract if the renter is in good standing
Rules of the Space
- There is absolutely no smoking, candles, or incense allowed in any part of the building. In addition, there is no food allowed in either the studio or the theater.
- There is a maximum of 10 people allowed in any one booking unless express permission is sought and granted by BAX staff (reduced capacity for Covid).
- There is a minimum rental age of 21 years old unless express permission is sought and granted by BAX staff.
- The offices, lighting booth, and storage areas are off limits.
- NO street, tap, black-soled, or high heeled shoes, equipment, sets, props, furniture or any other objects or substances (including tape) may be used on the floors without prior permission from the BAX staff and without proper protection for the floor.
- Absolutely no glitter, powder, water, or any disruptive substance may be used in any part of the BAX Building.
- Hanging any equipment (i.e. rope, etc) including body weight from the ceiling grid in the Theater is absolutely forbidden.
- Amplified instruments, as well as drums of any kind, are not allowed.
- All chairs, mirrors, mats, barres or other equipment (stereo, TV/VCR, etc.) may be used but must be returned to original locations.
- Stage lighting equipment is off limits unless arrangements are made.
- Studio D/Theater window shades AND curtains may NOT be altered by renters.
- There are NO storage facilities for renters unless previously arranged by permission of the BAX staff.
- All renters must check in at Reception at the start of all rentals.
- Renters must discard all trash before leaving, close windows, turn off all lights and turn off air conditioners if necessary.
- The contracting renter is responsible for replacing or repairing any damage to the studio or its equipment, fixtures or other property. BAX/BROOKLYN ARTS EXCHANGE is not responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen property brought to BAX by the renter or associates. The contracting renter agrees to hold harmless BAX/Brooklyn Arts Exchange for any injuries the renter, associates or students may incur in or about BAX’s facilities.
For current availability please email requests to email@example.com.
Please note that we may be unable to accommodate requests exactly as we are scheduling carefully to prevent arrival overlaps as well as allow time for our staff to clean between renters. For this reason, we may also be unable to accommodate last-minute requests or changes due to the large amount of front-loaded procedure set up to make your visit to BAX as contactless and distanced as possible.