As a performing arts center, BAX is required to comply with the NYC vaccine mandate regulations outlined in the “Key to NYC Pass.” We understand that this mandate is challenging for many and we thank you in advance for your compliance as we continue to navigate the pandemic with community care at the forefront. Please reference below before planning your activities with us this Fall 2021 in the BAX Building.
– Starting on 9/7, in accordance with “Key to NYC Pass” BAX will require vaccinations from all BAX staff and all visitors who are 12yrs or older.
– BAX will assess exemption requests submitted with two weeks’ notice, on a case-by-case basis. We are awaiting further guidance from the City regarding exemptions.
–Masks are required at all times, in all parts of the BAX building. This includes studios, hallways, offices, and bathrooms.
– BAX will maintain our current 10-person limit per studio.
– BAX will supply a high-capacity air filter in every studio, in addition to functional windows, window fans, and filtered AC units.
– For the safety and comfort of all, BAX will continue to space our rentals and classes to allow for ventilation and cleaning between activities.
Notes on Health and Safety
We have worked hard to be in compliance with the most up to date COVID-19 safety protocols (as well as offering some additional measures if you choose) so that you and the staff feel protected, to the best of our ability. We look forward to continuing to work together with you to uphold the safety standards and keep the space as safe and sanitized as possible, at all times.
To account for the additional labor and supply of health guideline maintenance, there will be a moderate increase in our yearly maintenance fee to $20 (up from $15).
We also now have the following supplies available for purchase or rent during your visit:
Colorful Handmade Masks*: $8 each
*Disposable masks are available for your use free of charge if you do not arrive in a suitable face covering.
Infrared Thermometers: $5 per rental period (may be reserved in advance).
For much more information about our COVID-updated rental experience please see our updated rental contract.